NORTH AFRICA 2006

I bless the rains down in Africa...

7.10.2006

Saturday, July 8


11:10 a.m., PST
It's some form of cruelty on the part of the airline to feature "Rachael Ray's Comfort Food" (Food Network) on a meal-less flight. Oh...were the raisins and shortbread cookie supposed to satisfy me for 5 hours?
At the moment, we are experiencing some fairly heavy turbulence. With the exception of the loud Italian high-schooler seated in front of me, it's been a pleasant flight. We will soon land at JFK in NYC for a 3-hour layover and connecting flight to Casablanca. That's just enough time to grab some dinner. I'm thinking comfort food :)

5:46 p.m. EST
Tore the ash tray off of the bathroom door (thought it was a handle).

6:40 a.m. Whatever time zone this is...
Not much sleep on this leg of the trip either. I've spent most of my time talking to a Moroccan mother and her two school-aged girls, who were eager to teach me some arabic phrases and how to write my name (which I would demonstrate here, but this computer only has American characters. Sorry!) The Royal Air Maroc airlines did little to satisfy my craving for sleep- the cabin lights were on thoughout most of the night and there was a constant frenzy of activity.

Consolation: Free socks with every flight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home